Monday 24 September 2018

Using Effects in Premire Pro

For my video, I want to make it appealing and eye catching on the visuals and so I needed to research on different types of transitions and effects that are most effective for music videos. Youtube has allowed me to research deeper into different effects and transitions. One video that I looked into is this one:
and here I learned to use and replicate edits such as ghosting (creating a double image on a singular object) and the screenshot flash. I tried practising these on my video to create a similar style and I may have used one of these effects multiple times as it demonstrates more on the creative side of my video for viewers. This video helped me break down how to use some of these effects step by step and has allowed me go further in creating my music video. Another video I used to help me learn on effects and transitions is this one:
 and here I learned different transitions that I can apply on my own video. One transition called a 'scale in transform', where the camera moves in then out for a short second, took quite a while for me to understand as I needed to be sure every step was correct. Due to the amount of key frames needed for this shot, this transition was by far one of the most challenging, however I got to grips with it and is in my video.

Using special effects and makeshift transitions will allow my music video to be more creative and professional at the same time and will fundamentally make my video stand out and be dazzling to keep viewers entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Statement of intent

  Music video The dance music video has to be constructed with a purpose of entertaining 16-25 year olds in the class of AB (middle-to-upp...